Marketing A Home Business
Do Your Market Research
When Effectively Marketing A Home Business you must research your competitors and your market thoroughly and carefully. This might not seem like a very big section for marketing a home business or any business for that matter but this can be one of the largest sections of your Business Plan
The lack of money isn’t the main reason new businesses fail. Mostly, it is because they lacked in research on the product or service, viability of the product or service in the market
Advantages of Research when Marketing A Home Business
These are the things you can establish this with. This is basic business planning. Fail here and your business will follow.
- Does your product or service satisfy or create a market need?
- Can you identify potential customers?
- Will your product or service outlive any passing trends or capitalise on the trend before it dies away?
- Is your product or service unique, distinct or superior to those offered by competitors?
- What competition will your product or service face - locally, nationally and globally?
- Is the product safe?
- Does your product or service comply with relevant regulations and legislation?
- Can you sell the product or service at a price that will give you sufficient profit?
Researching marketing a home business plays an important part in answering many of these questions and can only increase your chances of building a successful business.
How much research you do will depend on the time and funds you have available and in my case I spent more time to save funds.
- informally canvass the opinion of friends.
- talk to industry contacts and colleagues.
- survey the public about whether they would use your product or service.
- ask customers of competing products what improvements they would like to see.
- set up focus groups to test your product or service.
- monitor what your competitors are doing.
- look at what has and hasn't worked in your industry or market niche.
- study wider economic and demographic data.
The more information you have for marketing a home business can put you in a better position to make your business idea a profitable success.
Next: 6. The Financial Leap of Faith
7. How I started My Business and the Decision Process I took
The Coffee Break Newsletter